Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting conflicting info from different suppliers on dash pads. Some list 1963 - 1965 as being the same and some list 63 and 64, but no 65.

Which is correct and who makes a good repop??

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I may try Walt at Classic Nova too, because I think there's some stainless trim for the dash as well??

·
Premium Member
4,607 Posts
yes '62-'65 padded dash is the same , there is a stainless trim that goes on the underside of the dash to trim out the padded dash

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Schwabie!

Mine didn't have a pad from the factory and now I've to find that stainless trim somewhere. I've looked all over and can't find it. Probably no repops made like this???

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
I pulled a dash pad from a 62 ( pad was garbage) and for some reason I remember another bracket around the dash speaker(?). Was a few years ago now and maybe it was part of the dash itself but just thought I would mention- perhaps someone can clarify.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,568 Posts
I have a '65 dash pad which uses the stainless strip up under the front edge and there are six stainless steel screws that hold the pad up close under the windshield. I thought there was a clip like those used to secure the door panels to the door frame, which held the dash pad down at the speaker opening but looking at my original pad I saw no evidence of where it would have been except that there is an indenture in the middle of the frame that a clip might have slipped into in order to mount in a hole which would be located at the front of the speaker grill. See the last photo. My car is at the body shop so I can't go look for any hole that would have been required for that clip. Maybe someone can verify or deny those clips existed.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
My '65 has an original dash pad and there are two holes on the top of the dash. On either side of the front edge of the defroster vents. Clips on the underside of the pad hold it down tight at that cutout.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,568 Posts
Do those clips look like the door panel clips? To start with when I was posting the photos, I did think there were two clips but after looking at the frame, I was not so sure. Of course, I took mine off 20 years ago so my memory is far from perfect. :yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts