Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an economical voltage sensing switch available to turn on the dash light for low voltage? I think it would be nice to have all the lights working one the dash.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
? ? ? - should work that way using u'r "stock head light switch" . just turn your 'HL switch' to dim u'r dash lights .

Turn - - one way to 'dim' . . . turn back the other way to 'bring back too full bright . Or install a new headlight switch .

not quite sure if this is what you're asking .

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking to turn the generator light on in the dash of my alternator quits charging. I have found a circuit board that I can program to do this but looking for a simpler way.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah. I want the dash light working. I already have a voltmeter in the dash.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
$30 at Summit - no programming involved. 4 wires to hook up, so your 1 wire alternator is now a 5 wire alternator. Be sure to ask for the 11 volt version, not the 11 bolt one...

·
Registered
16 Posts
To install a charge wire to a voltmeter/ammeter sngle wire alternator (assuming it is a 12SI alternator, 2 wires, 1 an2 2, on the side connector area of the alternator), connect a single wire, 14 gauge will work, to the number 1 terminal on the alternator, and run it to one side of the indicator light. The other side of the light to an ignition switched to "on", 12 volt feed, new light is a charge indicator light, just like stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts