Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1964 Nova and want to remove the switch knobs for the headlights, wiper, fan, etc.

I have the special tool for the bezels, but cannot get the knobs off. The heater temp and Defrost knobs simply pull off, but I can’t figure out the others.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
694 Posts
Wiper knob has a set screw.

There is a release button on the bottom of the headlight switch. You need to pull the headlight knob out till it stops, reach under the headlight switch behind the dash and push the button up from the bottom. That will allow you to pull the headlight knob the rest of the way out. Look for a pic of the headlight switch and you'll be able to see the knob on the bottom.

·
Registered
788 Posts
the fan, defrost, air flow on heater all have a clip that must be depressed on the dash side of the knob before knob is released.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,864 Posts
Wiper knob has a set screw.

There is a release button on the bottom of the headlight switch. You need to pull the headlight knob out till it stops, reach under the headlight switch behind the dash and push the button up from the bottom. That will allow you to pull the headlight knob the rest of the way out. Look for a pic of the headlight switch and you'll be able to see the knob on the bottom.

and , --- you'll see ------ You need to un-hook the battery cable. OR , remove th' Battery .

(if you don't have a "Factory Assembly Manual" you need to buy one for your year of Nova. (makes a great x-mas gift to "oneself").

They're Golden , & only about $ 20 - 25.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts