Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
shp heads thumbs up

These are the same head i installed along with cam change really woke up my car. Have not gone to the track yet thats first on the agenda for next spring. But seat of the pants says big change.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
shp heads

plain simple 355 with 10 1/2 to 1 pistons comp 292 flat tappet cam air gap intake 750 holley, mallory ditributor hooker super comps.I Replaced a set of double hump heads and a comp high energy cam. Its mostly a street driver but was put together to pass tech so next spring we are off to see how it runs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi,
Check this article out. Gives info on many low cost heads including the SHP's. At the bottom of the page is a link to the flow tests.
Rick

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_1209_eight_budget_sbc_head_shootout/

Dart SHP Heads are one of the best bangs for your buck that actually make damn good power and are American Made.

In regards to that test, Dart had a disadvantage, otherwise they would have won this hands down by much more than 1HP. They used an old set of Dart 200cc heads that they had left over from an old test while everyone else had the new heads to send. The Dart SHP 180cc heads will make more power than there 200cc SHP heads any day of the week as its based off there modern design, but they did not have a chance to run them. Even with that said, they were down by 1HP....IMO still win for American Heads!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts