Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I have is a crate 350/290hp crate motor. Had a guy build on this motor years ago. Cam and the Dart heads. Make a long story short. I'm getting coolant blowing out of the radiator with the car running and the radiator cap off. I'm not getting coolant out the exhaust and not losing any coolant anywhere. Car runs fine. Wondering where the air is coming from. Haven't torn into it yet. Head gasket, intake gasket or something else. Coolant is as green as when I put it in the radiator.
Need some input.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm not really sure I'm seeing a problem. Is this after it gets hot? If the temperature is fine and there is no signs of losing coolant under normal operation, I wouldn't do anything except put the cap on and drive it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I'm trying to figure out is what is making the fluid come out of the top of the radiator in spurts. I've thought just the way you did. It's running, not getting hot and no signs of coolant leaking to the outside. With the coolant coming out I couldn't burp the system correctly. Thats where I put my windshield washer container as a coolant overflow container. You would think if it was intake or exhaust gases they would come out inside the overflow container. No bubbles coming inside there. Just green coolant. New water pump, new Classic Industries reproduction radiator. I did put two cut-off cocks on the lines going into the heater core. I run them closed mostly. It's just got me baffled,
Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts