Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting those rivets out that hold on the strut rod brackets is harder that it looks. My arms feel like spaghetti, sure would be nice to have a lift so I didn't have to work on my back. Well I'm ready for my new CPP lower Arms that should be in early next week.

Later,
Rodzilla

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Rodzilla,

My kit should be here tomorrow :D

That is probably the hardest part of the job. My plan is to hopefully get the die grinder up there and take off as much material as possible then hit it with a punch. I haven't looked at it too carefully yet. Do you think there is enough room to get a die grinder up there?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a small die grinder with a 2" sanding pad on the end to make a flat spot on each rivet. Then, after center punching each rivet I started drilling. I started off with a smaller diameter bit and then worked my way up in size to a 29/64 dia. The rivet shank is 7/16 in diameter. After I drilled thru most of the head I used a cold chisel and hammer to knock the rest off. You will see a line between layers of material when you make it completely thru the head. Make sure to stay in the middle of each rivet which makes knocking the head loose much easier.

Good luck,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts