Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the March Meets today in Bakersfield and I spotted Dales car at the Mickey Thompson booth so I went over to say hi. He was going to show me a picture, couldn't find it, and then got this really worried look on his face. I told him it's OK, when he found it he could show me then. He tells me it's not so much the picture but he thinks someone stole his camera!:eek:

He finally found it! Brian(NOGO) told him he had left it somewhere else and when Dale called him to tell him the bad news he told him it was laying next to him!

PHEW!!! Ya almost gave me a heart attack Dale!:D

John

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
John- you and me both!! There was sooo much happening that day, and I was way outta my comfort zone. It was cool meeting up with you,as well as everyone else who showed up out there. What a weekend!! Ups and downs. We had everything all packed up to leave Sunday morning, me thinking I'd get knocked out in the first round against all the pros who were sandbagging in Hot-Rod class, and we ended up going four rounds!!!!! Damn! One more, and we think I"d been into the cash round!!! But, the Mighty Mouse straight axle Nova put me on the trailer!! Great father and son operation we had the pleasure of pitting next to!!

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John- you and me both!! There was sooo much happening that day, and I was way outta my comfort zone. It was cool meeting up with you,as well as everyone else who showed up out there. What a weekend!! Ups and downs. We had everything all packed up to leave Sunday morning, me thinking I'd get knocked out in the first round against all the pros who were sandbagging in Hot-Rod class, and we ended up going four rounds!!!!! Damn! One more, and we think I"d been into the cash round!!! But, the Mighty Mouse straight axle Nova put me on the trailer!! Great father and son operation we had the pleasure of pitting next to!!
I felt really bad because the only time, that I knew, that you had left the MT booth was when we went across to the garages so I could introduce you to Rodger and Mike(The guy with the blue '69 Camaro)! I thought that was when it happened so I felt kinda bad.

I guess now you're going to have to go through with your plans and beef up that motor eh?!?;)

John

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Yea. This is what it loooks like when a nine second Nova passes you by at the finish line, when you are a 12.50 car. Notice I've just hit the finish line,and he's already forty feet out in front of me!!! That boy just blew by me like I was sittin still! I felt alright though, about it at least being a Nova!!

http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/2009-march-meet-famoso/sunday-3809/img8368.html

The look says it all. I knew it was, at last, time to park the car for the weekend.

http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/2009-march-meet-famoso/sunday-3809/img8370.html

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hey Dale,
Going four rounds is great!! We left right after we saw you win the second round. Pictures Mike took are great, as usual!! Love the top end stuff.
Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts