Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Little steps today---the "Lad" came in tonite and finished up the last of the mud work on the rear pillars where we welded the roof on. On to the rest of the interior prep for painting. Will take the rest of the week off to get ready for "Back to the Fifties". If you have never had the chance to come to this event--do so---you won`t be disapointed---10 to 14 thousand cars 64 and older---a very good time............Lee

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Did a little bit of trail fitting the tailgate.All the metal strips for welding in are figured out---one of the hinges has to be tweeked so it tucks in closer when you close the gate. I will leave it on for now, till I get the dash cleaned up for primer---I will take it off when we paint the rest of the interior along with the tailgate frame area. The "Lad" is doing a lot of work on the doors at his shop---inching closer to color---lets say before the snow flies......Lee

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Not much doing on the Nova lately---been so hot--over a 100 for the last couple of days and in the 90`s before that and humid. Did get more painting under the car but not much---cars shows the holidays have slowed progress....later..............Lee

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The "Lad" has been working on the front doors at his shop and I got the strip welded up on the tailgate for the seal around the bottom---plus a little painting on the underside with the Bill Hirsch rust paint--latest pics are on page 13 & 14 along with the whole album of the build........thanks for looking.......Lee http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/bebop138/63 Nova station wagon build/

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The "Lad" has another door ready for primer surfacer:yes: He said Duraglas is his friend:D

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Long and short-----the "Lad" got one of the rear doors in primer last nite and today I finally got the Ford housing back with the new spring perches and disc brake brackets---a little more modifications were needed to finish this----nothing major---will try and find the thread I wrote about it.....Lee

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well "Dad" had some minor knee surgery today:eek: (18th) and it will slow me done some until the end of the month----the "Lad" is going great guns so pics and update will be slow coming:( Happy Trails

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The "Lad" cracked out another door---had to do a lot of metal shrinking to get it straight---came out nice---atta boy ! !:yes:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The "Lad" got the last door done---if things go well this week we should have the whole car blocked and one more coat of primer---then off to his shop for the final color in the paint booth---before winter...............Lee

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Latest---the "Lad" is doing the final blocking to prep the car for finish paint. I upgraded CBR`s new rear leaf springs with a 1/2 inch guide bolt for the new spring perches on our Ford nine inch----the old bolt was 5/16 ---it seemed small for the use some of us that tend to run it hard--- and had the front hubs re-drilled for the metric pattern on the wheels---all the new pics are in the album---check it out.....Lee http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/bebop138/63 Nova station wagon build/

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

THIS A TEST!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I have been getting as much done as I can after my knee surgery---then I fell and cracked a couple of ribs----so getting up and down has been a challange. Managed to get some painting done on the underside, but the ribs won`t let me----so went topside and got the old seam sealer out from the pass side interior and got a good coat of Bill Hirsch rust paint down. Got to make progress where you can. Got the pumpkin installed when the "Lad" came this week---I just got to get the springs in and in goes the housing---trying to get it on the ground soon for paint........Lee

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Got the rear springs in today---what a PITA when you do it yourself----will pay for this cause of the cracked ribs---shoulda known better. Just can`t stand and look at it without doing something. One pic shows the spacer---needed this to bring the height back up we lost with the perches. Hope to have the housing in soon. I just snugged the bolts tight and will torque them when we have it all together and the weight is on them.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Since last visit I got the rear end in the car---put in longer wheel studs---fitted the rotors and calipers and checked for tire clearance----Do-Da-DAY:yes:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Today I got some more Bill Hirsch rust paint down on the interior floors---got some spots around the firewall and the rear inside wheelhouse to do. The "Lad" has just about finished with the final blocking and hopefully next week we get in final primer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Today I got the rest of the firewall and inside wheelhouse areas painted----got the shocks installed so the rear end is ready. The "Lad" is coming tomorrow with the rims and some scab tires for a roller---should be finished with the priming and then drop it down and get the roof. While the "Lad preps the roof I hope to take the front clip off and mount some 4X4`s with some casters to get it ready to put on the trailer and get it to his shop for final color.....Lee

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thursday nite the "Lad" came and we finished up the priming of the quarters,inside pillars,dash and tailgate area. We put on one coat of etch primer and three coats of primer surfacer. The greenish yellow etch primer was used for the bare metal areas only. Will put the car on the ground for the first time since last November to do the roof. After all is done with the last coats of primer it will be blocked for the final time and out to his shop for color.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts