Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So starting to assembly my freshly machined 30 over small block Chevy with stock rods and crank (all balanced). I am to the point soon that I need to figure out what to do for the top end and cam. I am pretty sure I am going to pick up an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, but can't quite decide on heads.

I have a set of 041 stock heads that I was thinking of using, but came into a little money and am now thinking of picking up a set of aluminium heads instead rather than sink the money into fixing up the old heads.

I would love to hear what suggestions the community would have on good aftermarket heads that I might consider purchasing. My budget would be no more that $1200-1500. Ideally I would like to be making near the 400 hp mark.

Let's here your suggestions!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I bought promax heads for my 355 they replaced my vortec heads and my car pulled way harder with the promaxx . The other great choice is the jegs own brand . From everything I read they are profiler heads . I just looked and they have them regular 599 per head on sale 499 .

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Like was said if budget isn't a concern there is afr, dart, and Brodix heads. For a budget head Try talking to Chris Straub from Straub Technologies. I have usd a set of the 317cc big block chevy promaxx heads from him that were machined and assembled in house by Scott Foxwell. I have been hoping he would carry this over into the small block heads as well. Tell him Ray DeAngelis with the red 70 chevelle drag car from Team Chevelle recommended him.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I agree with Ray. Get ahold of Chris Straub. I’ve used him for 3 different engine builds now. He just put together a nice package for a 355 I’m doing. Got a custom roller cam, rocker arms, push rods, timing set...etc. Great guy to deal with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.