Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well been looking for a radio delete plate but not finding one i decided to just design my own check this out . First one is my recessed JVC CD Player next is with my faceplate installed still need to clean up opening around dash a bit. What do you all think.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Well been looking for a radio delete plate but not finding one i decided to just design my own check this out . First one is my recessed JVC CD Player next is with my faceplate installed still need to clean up opening around dash a bit. What do you all think.

I don't get it?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don`t get what the 2nd picture is a plate that i made from my old radio held on by magnets to cover the cd unit i mounted back in the dash opening reaching for the glove box all the time was a pain. While driving i will remove the faceplate and when i am at shows or cruise in i just pop it on magnets hold it real tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is really nice. I've been thinking about doing the same thing to mine except I wanted to some how hinge it. How did you get the push buttons in the old radio to stay in place. Do you have any pictures of the back of the delete plate and old radio?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually cut the front off the old faceplate about 1/4`` thick or so and hot glued it to the bezel from the back side then i pulled the push buttons from the old radio and shortened them and ran a piece of plastic across the back of radio face and hot glued the bush buttons to that i threaded the radio knobs and ran a screw into them to hold them together real easy to do i think it looks pretty good allmost like real radio.

·
Premium Member
13,663 Posts
Looks like a crappy old pitted up radio that no one would want to steal.

Looks good, just don't hit a bump while tuning and cut your finger off.:eek:

I still like the radio in the tissue dispenser idea.:yes:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea that idea sounds good but the Tissue Dispenser cost more than having a A.M. radio converted and i won`t cut my finger off i have a remote. :eek:

·
Premium Member
13,663 Posts
Yea that idea sounds good but the Tissue Dispenser cost more than having a A.M. radio converted and i won`t cut my finger off i have a remote. :eek:
Is it that inexpensive to get a radio converted? I got my Repro tissue disp off of ebay for around $60..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I like the idea but a radio delete plate with a magnet glued on the back would look much nicer than that pitted face especially for a show.

·
Registered
242 Posts

that looks good..boy that looks like a radio i got out of my parts car
oh it is..glad it worked for ya
im doing the same thing with the delete plate in my wagon
craig

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Looks awsome! I have been planning to do that to mine for a while. just need an original radio to cut up. I posted that idea/suggestion in another thread but didn't know if it was possible to do. I'm definately going that route now. Except ,I want to hinge mine and have a light in the dial indicator that lights up the radio face as it originally did.
Excellent work there. Excelent!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replys i am still looking for a delete plate so i can see how it looks both ways the hinged idea sounds good also if you get that mocked up post a shot so we can see how it looks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts