Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed Custom Autosound speaker kickpanels in a 65? I must be getting mixed information here because everything I've read says the 65 kickpanels are the same as the 66/67. So I've ordered the CA 66/67 kickpanels and I'm having a helluva time trying to get them to fit. I'm not exactly sure how they're supposed to stay in either, there are no mounting screw holes or anything. :bored:

The 62-64 kickpanels clearly look different and don't look like they'll work. Is 65 just an oddball or what? Need help. :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
62 kick panels were a one year only. They were made from cardboard and if they got wet they were pretty much done.

I do know that the side cowls are the same from 62-67 so I assume that the kickpanels for 65-67 would be the same.
They are a bugger to get in. The outer lip(plastic molded windlace on the kick panel) holds them in as well as at the top of the molded windlace there is a small trim screw that does in to the door jamb (between the door hinges). There are also trim screws behind the plastic vents inside the vent opening. Have a look at the cowl itslf and you will see the two holes I am talking about, just above and below the vent hole.

Hopefully somebody will chime in with adefinate answer on wheather or not the kick panels are all the same- with the exception of what I mentioned above on the 62's
Best of luck.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are a bugger to get in. The outer lip(plastic molded windlace on the kick panel) holds them in as well as at the top of the molded windlace there is a small trim screw that does in to the door jamb (between the door hinges). There are also trim screws behind the plastic vents inside the vent opening. Have a look at the cowl itslf and you will see the two holes I am talking about, just above and below the vent hole.
That's the thing, with these Custom Autosound kickpanels all of the screw holes that the factory kickpanels had are not there. Actually, there are no mounting holes...at all. I'm tying to install them now and not having much luck.

The Flyer said:
These are the Custom Autosound for 62-64. I'm using the ones for 66-67...

http://www.classicindustries.com/nova/parts/kp627.html

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
62-64 had the cardboards kick panels. I used the 62-64 autosound in a customers 65 and they more just sat in place with no drilling or screws. the part that slips on the pinch weld where the windlace trim goes was a very tight fit keeping it in place, the fit and finished install was very nice but I did keep kicking the speakers when getting in and out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts