Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a front end bolt kit. It comes with 4 cup washers that goes to the inner fenders. My question is, where do these washers go?

Thanks,

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that's not clear enough I can take a picture later today. I think I have them installed (they are a PITA to do with just one person, or at least on mine it was), but I've had the fenders off in the last year so it's possible they aren't in.
Yea, that would be great. Even if they are not there, at least I can see the area. I got my inner fender and fender mocked up together. I'm assuming its the two bolt holes directly above tire? These 2 should have bolts and nuts instead of J clip nuts and bolts. Am I right, lol ? I really don't understand why it takes these big washers anyway.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,337 Posts
It does use J-clip nuts that are attached to the 2 holes you described on the fender. The bolt and washer are installed from the fender well by the tire up through the inner fender and thread into the J-nuts. The large washer probably adds stability and prevents cracking around the inner fender hole from vibration. That is just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does use J-clip nuts that are attached to the 2 holes you described on the fender. The bolt and washer are installed from the fender well by the tire up through the inner fender and thread into the J-nuts. The large washer probably adds stability and prevents cracking around the inner fender hole from vibration. That is just a guess on my part.

View attachment 402546
Nice. Thanks J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts