Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a quick question. I was looking at the list of cruises in April for DFW area in another post. Anyway, I am getting really close to finishing my car, and wanted to take my wife to some of the cruises, the only problem, is that I have never been to one. Is there anything special I need to do besides showing up. I know I have heard of some at Sonic and friends tell me there where a bunch of awesome rides parked, music, and everyone walking around looking at the cars. Is this as simple as it sounds, or will I look like a weirdo when I show up with my car? :confused:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Im sure they all vary in "formalities", but the ones I remember going to in Dallas with my uncle (which was like 15-20 years ago), were very informal gatherings with a very wide array of cars, and everyone just roaming around, chatting and looking. So Im sure youre not going to look like a weirdo (unless you were to show up with Flyer in the passenger seat :D )

GO!!! And have fun!!! :) Hopefully Ill see you at one of em soon.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
well there are different kinds of 'cruises'. there are cruise-ins, which are usually free. and there are car shows, which usually cost (unless otherwise noted). most shows entry fees range from 10 bucks to 20, and sometimes higher...the money usually goes to pay for trophies or goes to a charitable thing...i like cruise-ins, like the one in arlington every friday nite. its free, theres good music, the people are great, you show up, park, clean up your car if you want to ( i prefer to leave my bug splatters as my own little trophies), walk around, meet some cool people, and head home when you want to...shows, sometimes you feel obliged to stay till its over...i dont always...its usually blue-jeans and tshirts or shorts...if you show up in formal wear youll look like a weirdo...its simple though....maybe we'll see ya soon!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1965proSTREET said:
well there are different kinds of 'cruises'. there are cruise-ins, which are usually free. and there are car shows, which usually cost (unless otherwise noted). most shows entry fees range from 10 bucks to 20, and sometimes higher...the money usually goes to pay for trophies or goes to a charitable thing...i like cruise-ins, like the one in arlington every friday nite. its free, theres good music, the people are great, you show up, park, clean up your car if you want to ( i prefer to leave my bug splatters as my own little trophies), walk around, meet some cool people, and head home when you want to...shows, sometimes you feel obliged to stay till its over...i dont always...its usually blue-jeans and tshirts or shorts...if you show up in formal wear youll look like a weirdo...its simple though....maybe we'll see ya soon!!!!
Thanks for the help guys. Do you know if the local law enforcement gives people with loud exhaust a hard time in Arlington?:)

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
MNYPIT said:
Thanks for the help guys. Do you know if the local law enforcement gives people with loud exhaust a hard time in Arlington?:)
do you mean on an everyday basis? or like while a show is going on? how loud are we talkin? open headers loud? or flowmasters loud? i've left the arlington cruise before and nailed it, not realizing the cop was right beside me, and he gave me a thumbs up? soo, i dunno. i am not around there much, but my 2 cars are loud...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1965proSTREET said:
do you mean on an everyday basis? or like while a show is going on? how loud are we talkin? open headers loud? or flowmasters loud? i've left the arlington cruise before and nailed it, not realizing the cop was right beside me, and he gave me a thumbs up? soo, i dunno. i am not around there much, but my 2 cars are loud...
Not open headers loud, but it will have 3 1/2 exhaust with Hooker Aero Chamber Center/Center mufflers and dumps in front of the rear end. Not sure how loud it will be, but I used to own a Nova with 3 inch exhaust with similar set up and got pulled over in Irving all the time, but never took it to Arlington. Anyway, it sounds good, I will have to go as soon as it gets going.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cruise and show

MNYPIT said:
Not open headers loud, but it will have 3 1/2 exhaust with Hooker Aero Chamber Center/Center mufflers and dumps in front of the rear end. Not sure how loud it will be, but I used to own a Nova with 3 inch exhaust with similar set up and got pulled over in Irving all the time, but never took it to Arlington. Anyway, it sounds good, I will have to go as soon as it gets going.
--------------------------------------
MYNPIT,
Come on out to some shows or a cruise in !
You do not have to enter your in every show if you don't want to.
Just come on down and feel your way around.
-
Loud is good as long as we don't upset the local folks and or the (sensitive ones):rolleyes: :eek: :( Y'all know who I mean. Otherwise don't do burnouts and leave the cruise with some dignity so the folks putting on the event and the business that is hosting the event do not get complaints from people.
Complaints kill cruises.
I'll be at Mineral Wells for the DAV Motorcycle Show and Car Show on the
29th and or 30th.
It's at the National Vietnam War Museum
Hope to see a bunch of people out that way.
How about some Vets from other wars show up !!!
-

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Now that Daylight savings time is here, there is a cruise in every Thursday night until dark in Rowlett. On Dalrock, south of 66, in the church parking lot. It varies between 25-40 cars a week.

It started at local eatery businesses a few years ago, but they got driven away because the manager was afraid it would keep people away:confused:

Basic rules, don't litter or act like it is a drag strip. A guy brought a Pro Street Nova for a few weeks and just had to light it up one night, he got nailed by the police.
Complaints can kill, just have your basic good manners.

Police attention is partly an age thing. As I told my son when he drives my Nova, no hot rodding, you wont get mercy from the police or me. Once the police see that I am "older" they don't bother to look a second time when I am driving, once they confirm it is registered and inspected that is.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
April 29th

Hope to see some of you folks on the 29th.
Probably will not get there until around 3:30.
Stuff going on until around midnight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
April 28 - 30
Mineral Wells, TX Car Show will start at 12 noon April 29th
DAV Motorcycle Show and Car Show at the National Vietnam War Museum in
Mineral Wells TX hwy 180, 3 miles east of Mineral Wells.
Motorcycle show will start April 28th and run through April 29th.
James Wood (point of contact)
254 968 2358

1 - 12 of 12 Posts