Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to mix it up and add a few more miles to our next cruise. On February 17th (Sunday) we will meet between 9:30 - 10:00 AM at the QuikTrip located on the southeast corner of 43rd Avenue and Union Hills. From QT we will depart as a group taking Union Hills down to I-17 North, and I-17 north to Highway 179 which will take us into Sedona. Red Rock BBQ is located at 150 Highway 179, Sedona, AZ, 86336. I've already notified the restaurant of our presence. They will have room set aside for all of us, and there is plenty of parking. Red Rock BBQ is right off 179 and is really easy to get to. This is about a 98 mile drive one way. We can stop in Cordes Junction as a group to stretch our legs and if anybody wants to get fuel or whatever. This will be a great cruise so please come out and have some fun. If you know anybody with a car or truck that fits in with the general group then please invite them. The more cars and the more horsepower the better!!!

Pete
623-760-235eight call or text

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ive got the Ye ol tow strap for those unable to continue or brake down.

EDIT

But with this group most likely lack of fuel issues.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What If your nova isn't road worthy yet and you still wanna drive up?
This is not a Nova-only cruise. Any hot rod car or truck is welcome to cruise with us. While I hate to exclude anybody, if we allow a bunch of daily driver plain-jane cars and trucks to cruise with the group then it takes away from the spirit of the event. There should be lots of passenger room among the group for anybody that wants to go but doesn't have something to drive that really fits the group.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive got the Ye ol tow strap for those unable to continue or brake down.

EDIT

But with this group most likely lack of fuel issues.
I have PLENTY of cargo area in the wagon to haul spare fuel for anybody that needs it. I hauled 15 gallons of spare E85 last Saturday for people.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The ac purge on my car must have been because i rewired my fans for the winter. I need a real fan switch/relay solution. Right now both my fans come on at 185, so i was sitting there with the ac on and no fan, i think it wasnt cooling the freon and caused too much pressure. Thats what im guessing. Becuase it worked great the rest of the drive home. For summer i have it one fan on at all times and the other for ac and or 185.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ac purge on my car must have been because i rewired my fans for the winter. I need a real fan switch/relay solution. Right now both my fans come on at 185, so i was sitting there with the ac on and no fan, i think it wasnt cooling the freon and caused too much pressure. Thats what im guessing. Becuase it worked great the rest of the drive home. For summer i have it one fan on at all times and the other for ac and or 185.
I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. I heard it blow off and I thought, "Oh great, there goes the radiator!"

Mike in the black Fox body made it back without any further issues even though the fuel pump started leaking. It's getting sent off to Magnafuel for a viton seal update for pump gas.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,859 Posts
Pete--

no can do for the 17th( working that week-end). I work two week-ends in -a-row and then off for two week-ends..... I'll have to catch up later
on
I'll see what Diana has on the list-- maybe burn a day (maybe)???

jim

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have PLENTY of cargo area in the wagon to haul spare fuel for anybody that needs it. I hauled 15 gallons of spare E85 last Saturday for people.
Where you guys buying your E85? Or i could just stop being lazy and google it. I might switch over, for me its just a fuel drain and tune. Im ISO a turbo too if you know anybody.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Where you guys buying your E85? Or i could just stop being lazy and google it. I might switch over, for me its just a fuel drain and tune. Im ISO a turbo too if you know anybody.
75th Ave. & Bell Chevron on southeast corner.

Happy Valley & Lake Pleasant Parkway Shell on southeast corner.

7th St. & Indian School Texaco on northeast corner.

AZ Turbo & Tractor Supply has brand new Borg Warner S475's with a T6 housing & 1.32 A/R for $600.00. You cannot find a better turbo for the money. It's a big turbo but it has stupid boost response even on a mild engine. Talk to Joel. He's the owner and one of the nicest guys you will ever deal with. He has TONS of other stuff down there too... lots of good turbo cores to choose from and he can build them right there at his shop for you.

·
Registered
670 Posts
75th Ave. & Bell Chevron on southeast corner.

Happy Valley & Lake Pleasant Parkway Shell on southeast corner.

7th St. & Indian School Texaco on northeast corner.

AZ Turbo & Tractor Supply has brand new Borg Worner S475's with a T6 housing & 1.32 A/R for $600.00. You cannot find a better turbo for the money. It's a big turbo but it has stupid boost response even on a mild engine. Talk to Joel. He's the owner and one of the nicest guys you will ever deal with. He has TONS of other stuff down there too... lots of good turbo cores to choose from and he can build them right there at his shop for you.
Thanks for the info on the Turbo. I will give them a call. I guess ill wait on E85 until i switch to speed density and have the turbo on.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Pete, we should start discussing the next cruise. Just to give those that need to make arrangements can do so. Maybe get a larger turnout.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After Sedona on 2/17 I'm thinking that we do another one on either March 2nd, 3rd, 9th, or 10th, and am leaning towards the 9th or 10th. I'm thinking we should probably do a shorter cruise in March so more people show up that won't go to Sedona on February 17th because of the distance involved.

Any thoughts on where we should go? We could always default to Screamers again or find another spot in Wickenburg... that's sure to be a good time and it's not too far for the majority of people that like to do this sort of thing.

I'd like to do another long one maybe in April and go through Rock Springs into Prescott through the back way, hit Whiskey Row in Prescott, hang out for a while, and then head back to Phoenix.

There's a big hot rod reunion event in Tucson at the drag strip in May... that's definitely a Ghostriders cruise opportunity for sure!

So... thoughts/suggestions for the next cruise after Sedona?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My new job requires me to work every other Saturday, I will have the 17th off. Hopefully the car will be running by then.
The 17th is a Sunday if that helps at all. I hope that you'll be able to join us. It would great to meet you and have a clean 4th gen on the cruise with us!

·
Super Moderator
12,020 Posts
Sundays are no problem, but I will need to be in town Saturday night to make the meet on the west side in the morning. As long as nothing goes wrong the car and I should be ready.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Im down for whatever, Its always good to Meet new people and see new places.

Pete, what was the General thoughts from the guys with big HP cars and there gas issues? Did they use more or less than expected?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts