Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have done a search on this everywhere and couldnt find any info.I am putting a 427 big block with a super T-10 in my 69 Nova. I have origonal GM big block frame perches and correct motor mounts,engine is in and fits great. Origonally it had a 6 banger with the powerglide 250 I think it is trans.If I have this right I read on here you can use a turbo 350 crossmember and slot it an inch or so to the passengers side so it coincides with the engine location.Well I found a website and it stated the dimensions and location of the trans mount on a powerglide 250 are the same as a Turbo 350 trans and it appeared the crossmember was the same. So my question is can I use my powerglide 250 crossmember and slot the holes,anyone ever done it....Thankyou in adavance....Dave

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I'm not sure about the auto crossmembers, but I do no a 4 speed one can be redrilled. I believe the height is different from auto to manual crossmembers. I bought an aftermarket BB Camaro one that fits fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool,I'm going to pull the crossmember today so I'll check it out,I dont mind redrilling it if thats all it takes thats easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts