Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cross member has been crushed for lack of better description on the under side from the car being jacked up there over the years,anyone know the best way to repair it.I've hammered on a long bar from the top side and pushed it out within 1/8" but still needs work to be perfect.It's a 3rd gen sub frame.

Thanks in advance Paul

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If its really bad, Paul, I think you can find em pretty reasonably priced. I think you can use ones off a few different cars also.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i needed a crossmember and a member here shipped it to me for free (thanks nightshade), i paid for shipping thats all.....

what is that 1/8" going to give you?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CDJr said:
If its really bad, Paul, I think you can find em pretty reasonably priced. I think you can use ones off a few different cars also.
the rest of the frame is real clean so I'd like to use it,they're pretty scares up this way and the 3 I have this is the best one.I just can't see doing all that work and over looking the dent.I've thought about cutting it out flatten it and re-weld it back.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Throw us a few pics of it up there and maybe well have a better idea. Im trying to remember how I straightened mine out, cuz it was bent up also, and Im sure its pretty close to yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts