Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some looking and figured I would do it right and spend the money. What do you guys think about this combo for my suspension rebuild;

-CHESTR040 "Hotchkis manual steering rebuild kit"
-HSS-1907F "Hotchkis lowering springs"
-HSS-70010012 "Hotchkis shocks for lowering springs"
-HSS-2207F "Hotchkis anti-sway bar kit"
-AFC-20033LF "Afco Low Friction Lower Ball Joints"
-AFC-20037LF "Afco Low Friction Upper Ball Joints"
-PTP-7-217-BL "Prothane control arm bushings"

What do you think of that setup?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
If you're going for a car that handles, I'd get either a quick ratio power steering box or a manual rack and pinion conversion. That'll increase road feel alot. Also, have you considered an aftermarket upper control arm to get more caster? If not, I'd get the Global West Del-A-Lum bushings for the arms instead of the prothanes. The Hotchkis springs and bars will work well, but you may find that you don't need the rear bar.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're going for a car that handles, I'd get either a quick ratio power steering box or a manual rack and pinion conversion. That'll increase road feel alot. Also, have you considered an aftermarket upper control arm to get more caster? If not, I'd get the Global West Del-A-Lum bushings for the arms instead of the prothanes. The Hotchkis springs and bars will work well, but you may find that you don't need the rear bar.
I was going to just stay with the stock control arms. I wasn't going with a new rear sway bar just the front, and I'll have to look into those Global West components.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I like the setup. If you like the manual steering, I'd keep it. It will be slower than the fast ration power boxes, but it doesn't really impact handling. It is more of a personal perference.

The next two mods for good handling I'd do are

1. Solid body mounts
2. Global west upper del-a-lum bushings and cross bar.

Keep the lower rubber bushings for ride quality with minimal lose of handling.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
want to buy my front and rear hotchkis springs? 450?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the setup. If you like the manual steering, I'd keep it. It will be slower than the fast ration power boxes, but it doesn't really impact handling. It is more of a personal perference.

The next two mods for good handling I'd do are

1. Solid body mounts
2. Global west upper del-a-lum bushings and cross bar.

Keep the lower rubber bushings for ride quality with minimal lose of handling.
Would the prothane lower mounts make for a rough ride or more vibration?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts