Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
There are two types of large lug crimping hand tools. One looks like cable cutters with compound leverage and the other is a die and anvil tool. You put ii in a press or use a BFH, though that eventually mushrooms the end depending on how robust the lugs you are crimping. Copper lugs are no problem

Check with Terminal Supply for either of the tools. Pn's are SKT-840 or TS-10180 or TS 1090

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
When I built all my cables I soldered all the ends with out crimping them and used heat shrink on them. I didn't have the crimping tool and wouldn't use it enough to justify owning one. Soldering is a secure way of holding them; there isn't a mechanical hold but the solder holds them.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I put the terminal in the vise and squeeze it then solder it also. It takes some serious heat to solder it and I use a small tip bernsomatic to do it. RM

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i went to a local beat shop, and got some GOLD ROCKFORD FOSGATE ends. put it in a vise, used a mini torch and layed a pool of solder in ther end, and then shrink tubed it. pretty much a lil of what everybody else did. my .02

JOHN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts