Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 64 nova with a rougher than normal idle. I have energy suspension motor mounts and a rubber transmission mount. Nothing is touching the floor anywhere. You look at the engine and its perfectly still but as soon as you get in the car it shakes you all over the car and feels like the engines misfiring.lol. It seems like there is absolutely no give in the motor mount. Is this a common 1st gen problem do to the unibody construction? One other thing is the engine before had rubber mounts and it also had a really rough feeling idle.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
When my engine starts shaking and I can feel it in the car I have to go through the idle mixtures. They affect the idle quality a lot. I can see it in the tach also when they need adjusted, it'll start bouncing around. It happened from last summer to this summer, last summer it was fine but this summer I'm not sure if fuel changed that much or they just fall out of adjustement.

It actually does look like a misfire on the tach.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I wonder if the harmonic balancer might have something to do with it ?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
air fuel is perfect. idles perfect motor does not shake a single bit. Motor is balanced. it feels like its something to do with the way the engines mounted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts