Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
It's at this point that the hobby begins to go nuts for me. Don't mind paying a premium for a part that's NOS if I really have to have it, but if the same price extremities were carried over to all of the NOS parts for restoring say, a '66 SS, then not only is it so much less affordable than it used to be, it has less utility. Can you park the car at a show without hovering over every viewer? At a donut shop? In any parking lot? Saw an original bowtie mirror at a swap meet once and made the unforgivable error of trying it out to see if it was tight. Seller got pretty annoyed and called me out for that, saying that every potential buyer is wearing out his NOS mirror. $3000 come $2100 mirrors lead to $5000 engine blocks, $2K distributors and forget about the exterior trim NOS.

· Registered
2,856 Posts
Somebody must not have been able to pay that price for it, or seller just feeling it out. I seen it started at 100 bucks the first time, now starts at 2100...
Seller states in new listing, "High bidder did not realize this part is for a 1964 Chevrolet". Which is normal on eBay these days. 99% of my problems on eBay are because the buyer did not read ANYTHING related to the listing. They see a few pics on their phone and off they go...

I imagine he was surprised at what it sold for, so adjusted for the new listing, which already has a bid.

And shill bidding this item would have cost him north of $300 in fees and the possibility of eBay sniffing around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts