Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience installing the following crate engine: Chevrolet Performance’s SP350/357*(19367080)? I would like to know if it will fit in my 62' without hood clearance issues. Thanks for any help.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Looks like a good engine but won't there be an issue with your requirement of a front sump pan? I haven't found any offering of a Front Sump 350 crate engine for a 1st gen Nova. I talked to a company not long ago and they did not offer the front sump and they also said if I changed to FS using a kit it would void their warranty. Anyone know of a company that sells FS crate 350 engines?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Looks like a good engine but won't there be an issue with your requirement of a front sump pan? I haven't found any offering of a Front Sump 350 crate engine for a 1st gen Nova. I talked to a company not long ago and they did not offer the front sump and they also said if I changed to FS using a kit it would void their warranty. Anyone know of a company that sells FS crate 350 engines?
I’d ditch the front sump pan and look into a Kevko oil pan. Great pan and a real reasonable price. I’ve used 4 of their pans on various builds now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pragmatist.

Given that I have Church Boys rack and pinion steering (includes upper and lower control arms), my understanding is that I should not have pan clearance issues. Am I correct on that assumption?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Guys

My ZZ5 crate motor bolted straight in no problems, get hold of a pair of genuine frame/motor mounts if you can. I also have CBR front clip.

Cheers Ian:uk:

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Having a CBR front R&P changes everything. I was thinking you were using the original steering sector. Don't see why it wouldn't work for you.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hood clearance will be dependent upon whichever intake, carburetor, and air filter setup you use. Be aware that this crate engine doesn't come with any of those items.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it is dependent on intake and carb. Of course, there are many options. The suggested carburetor is a Holley 670-cfm 4-barrel carburetor (P/N 19170092); and the suggested intake manifold is Chevrolet Performance SP 350/357 dual plane intake manifold (P/N 12676887).

Does anyone have any experience with hood clearance on first generation Chevy IIs with the carb and intake manifold above?

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts