Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I can't find 7/8 ID hose anywhere. They used it to go from the air cleaner to the pcv vent tube at the back of my engine block. My engine is a 66/67 2bbl 283ci v8. Its like it doesn't exist. What is everyone using?

I honestly didn't think twice about this being a problem.

-Tom

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
can you make it with a 3" maximum bend radius?

if so here's a marine/coolant hose that has a max bend radius of 3"... maybe it'll work...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#general-purpose-hose/=ip1c29

click on 7/8" and scroll... stuff's expensive :eek: gonna cost ya 'bout 50 bucks :eek:

Marine Coolant and Fuel Hose

Use with diesel fuel, ethylene glycol, fuel oil, and gasoline
Temperature Range: -20° to +212° F
Color: Black w/yellow stripe
Hose: Buna-N (nitrile) rubber
Cover: Neoprene rubber
Reinforcement: Nylon screen w/steel wire spiral

Ideal for use with coolants and fuel in marine applications, this hose is made with specially formulated Buna-N (nitrile) rubber material that meets SAE J1527 Type A2 and USCG (United States Coast Guard) 1942F standards. Hose interior is smooth for unrestricted flow. Can be used indoors and out. Vacuum rating is 30" Hg @ 72° F.

To Order: Please order in 5-ft. increments up to the full coil length of 60 ft., except 1/2" and 5/8” ID hose, which have a full coil length of 25 ft.

ID 7/8" OD 1 1/4" Radius 3" Max. psi 55

part# 5727K44

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found some heater hose 7/8" on amazon I was just hoping someone would have a better answer.. I find it so strange that chevy would use an odd hose like that.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
whatever ya get, make sure you check what radius you can get away with. depending on the design of the hose some bend easier/more than others.

some hose won't bend at all without kinking.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Go to your local parts store or even Autozone. :)geek:)

They'll have a wide selection of pre-bent hoses in various bends & lengths.......:yes:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried 3 different places. Autozone, oreilly, napa. I really only need a straight piece. It doesn't have any bends. I'll take a pic.

-Tom

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Its not the length its the diameter that is the concern. 7/8" diameter is just a weird one I guess. All of them were either two big or two small. I went back there with the guy..

The only thing I've found is:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/HPS-Silicone-Heater-BLACK-1-ply/dp/B005B00FAY/ref=sr_1_53?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1344102886&sr=1-53&keywords=7%2F8%22+hose[/ame]

But then I gotta pay 20 bucks for a foot of hose and wait a week. I was hoping somebody had a part number or something but i guess not!

I'm going to wait till monday and try quest auto but if not then I will bite the bullet and buy the one on amazon. Seems to be the easiest choice on the wallet so far.

I also found this http://www.surplussales.com/rubber-plastic/Plastic-1.html (bottom left soft cap) for capping off the other hose connection. The original air cleaner has a second tube that would have connected to the exhaust manifold to heat the air during warm up. I don't even have a 67 exhaust manifold so I don't have this port.

-Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts