Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help removing the crank window handles. I know theres a pin that needs to come off from the inside, but i cant seem to get a screw driver in there to slide it off. Any suggestions from anyone who has done this numerous times would be great.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
There is a horseshoe shaped spring clip that goes in as slot on the window crank, this is the tool I use, came in a trim tool kit at harbor freight for 5 bucks

·
5,145 Posts
Most auto parts store have the tool for a few bucks.
It typically slides straight in under the handle to push off the clip.
If someone installed the clip wrong it will be 180 degrees of, slide the tool in opposite the handle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a removal tool for about 3 bucks, worked great, they came off easily. Then i tried to remove the inner door panel and it seems to be getting caught on the window sill. I didnt really want to start yanking and pulling incase it came apart. I assumed that after removing the bottom screws and pulling the plastic push in clips on the side you then push upwards and it would come right out, am i missing something?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
There is a horseshoe shaped spring clip that goes in as slot on the window crank, this is the tool I use, came in a trim tool kit at harbor freight for 5 bucks
quick note, do not, do not try and remove these by sliding a flat screw driver behind the crank and pushing the horseshoe clip off. its only a matter of time until the driver slips off the clip and slides by with the potential of creasing/cutting up the inner door panel. i have seen this done many times.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quick note, do not, do not try and remove these by sliding a flat screw driver behind the crank and pushing the horseshoe clip off. its only a matter of time until the driver slips off the clip and slides by with the potential of creasing/cutting up the inner door panel. i have seen this done many times.
Yea i actually noticed that when i attempted to use a screwdriver. Wasnt to concerned since my inner door panels are in pretty awful condition.

Speaking of which, anyone know of any inner door panels that aren't vinyl? Was hoping for something more along the lines of an aluminum panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts