Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
13,284 Posts
The first project is finding a way to pick it up without it folding in half :giggle:. Appears the top well chrome mouldings are still on it.

Bob

·
Registered
567 Posts
I don't understand some people, I mean forget the price, but why couldn't you spend 3 minutes scooping the leaves out of it before taking the pictures lol like really

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
I don't understand some people, I mean forget the price, but why couldn't you spend 3 minutes scooping the leaves out of it before taking the pictures lol like really

I just assumed there wasn't anything left of the floor and the leaves were actually on the ground.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
That car has been on CL here in LA for a while though it resides in Springfield, Missouri.. I suspect there’s probably plenty of rusty tin available here in SoCal that could be built into something that this could not be.. Well cared for cars will naturally develop some rust, abandoned convertibles left out on the prairie don’t have a chance..

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Your car is a far cry from the condition of that convertible.. Though some 1911’s do command pretty good money..

·
Registered
544 Posts

If you took the leaves out, you'd be able to see there's no floor.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Your car is a far cry from the condition of that convertible.. Though some 1911’s do command pretty good money..
It was a mid range build. But I took it completely apart and polished the crap out of everything that wasn't blued - also cast some custom resin hand grips for it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
So a four door, one owner car is worth as much as a rotted out piece of **** with no title and literally nothing else? Thanks!
Not what I said, simply the two cars in comparable condition would not be in the same category so apples to oranges in comparison. Was not trying to disrespect you or your nova i apologize if it came out that way

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Personally, I like to see the resurgence in 4-door restoration, and often, they're less modified than a, say, SS or convertible. Part of the charm is that they usually cost less and are in better shape. As a Californian, I'm more rust-averse than people who live in areas where they have had to deal with it all the time. And on this very site, there have been some AMAZING resurrections of cars that have all but rotted away, so to each their own. So I've looked at that convertible ad on C/L, own an trailer, and I haven't budged.

·
13,284 Posts
Let your mind drift back to 1962 and visualize this brand new Nova convertible in a Chevrolet showroom. Most people were seeing a Nova convertible for the first time. This one would surely make an impression. Autumn Gold with fawn/ivory interior. 770 trim code indicates the optional bucket seats were installed. Tinted glass, padded dash, PG and L-1 white top. Top of the class in '62!

Bob

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Let your mind drift back to 1962 and visualize this brand new Nova convertible in a Chevrolet showroom. Most people were seeing a Nova convertible for the first time. This one would surely make an impression. Autumn Gold with fawn/ivory interior. 770 trim code indicates the optional bucket seats were installed. Tinted glass, padded dash, PG and L-1 white top. Top of the class in '62!

Bob
Bob, you ever watched Junkyard Gold on MotorTrend? Steve Magnante goes around to junkyards and looks at all the rusty gold. I do what you typed, drift back to new.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts