Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 688 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i officially started on my car here are a few pics of what i have done so far phase one tare down

body work is my first priority then on to the mini tubs that i got from DSE:D

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well after cutting out for the patch i noticed that someone had done a patch job on this car before.:mad:Or should i say hack job so now i think that im gonna replace both sides with full quarter skins on both sides since i think the other side is the same way:eek::mad:

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
does anyone know what guage metal to use on the rear wheel wells they have very small bad spots and i don't wont to spend the money on a whole new wheel well so any help would be aprciated.Anyways the project has been going slow but i have got some things done see for yourself:devil:

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
dont look to bad for a buckeye car......

I have seen far worse....

jus keep plugin away...

·
Registered
120 Posts
73-74 nova rear quarters

From what I have learned lately there are no complete rear quarters available with the sail panel for the 73-74 cars,to replace the quarters and keep your original body lines,the replacements produced are 68-72,they would have to be cut below the body line when replacing them.The body lines below the rear passenger windows is different on the 73-74 cars.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
decisions decisions should i keep my A/C or not i still want heat so i have a defrost was thinking of getting the piece so i can run heat but cant make my mind up. the A/C work great when i took it off last.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well if i decide to have air i think i will stick with my orignal setup:yes:i rather spend 1300 on something i need more like disc brakes :yes: Progress from here on will probally be slow i need outer wheel tubs due to rust so those probaly wont be bought until tax time:( but since im gona have to replace them anyways i think i might try to see if i can make a few small patches for them to save money and if it dont work i will just go ahead and buy new ones

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wheres a good place to buy the outer wheel tubs for a good price i already have the mini tub kit from DSE but when i started tare down i think im gona have to buy outer as well:( that will have to be at tax time so any help will be appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:eek::D no progress funds have been little if any but after debating on selling the car out of frustration due to no funds and no time i have decided to keep it. i have a few more things i need to get done around the house then im going to start on it again. now i have a questions for you guys earlier in the thread i mentioned someone had already done some body work on the car. so my question is when they put the panles on they overlaped them like and inch question is what should i do with it. new quarters or what or is there a way i can cut out where the overlap is and just butt weld them.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I'd be leaning towards new quarters. Get rid of the old stuff and put some nice new metal in there. You should give Auto Metal Direct a call or an email and see if they have any plans on making some full quarters with the sail panels for 73 and 74's. They are always coming out with new stuff and it's good quality. Also, you asked earlier where to get some outer wheelhouses...Goodmark has them for about 75 bucks each. Glad to hear you're not giving up on the project.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks mike i cant get rid of the car it would be like cutting of manly parts:eek::yes::D plus i want to get it done so my boy can ride in it and some day own it:devil::yes::yes::cool: not sure if i ever have heard of auto metal direct

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
From what I've read and been told, a lot of companies are switching from Goodmark to Auto Metal Direct as the quality of Goodmark has been going down. Apparently a few of the top guys from Goodmark left and started Auto Metal Direct. They are now supposed to be what Goodmark used to be as far as quality goes. I have an AMD cowl hood and inner fenders and they are very good quality. If you search on the pro-touring sites, you'll find that several of the bigger name shops are all recommending AMD now. Here's their site: http://autometaldirect.com/

1 - 20 of 688 Posts