Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and knows of a solution. I have a gen 1 and bought the CPP mini-subframe kit with the tubular upper arms as well. I decided to also purchase a set of the aftermarket spring perches (rubber). I have the arms installed, but the spring perches don't fit up, particularly because the bushing is not centered on the pivot rod. This is true of both perches. It looks like the manufacturer pressed them on too far or not enough when assembling them. I've tried putting them in my huge vice to center it, but the darn thing just springs back once the vice is released. Also, these things are so rock solid that I can't rotate the perch around the pivot to move them that way. Is this a common problem? Has anyone solved it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Dan

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately my camera is as broke as I am. Basically, the cylindrical part of the perch that pivots around the pivot rod is too far to one side and basically immobile. The original ones could be cleaned up and greased, but every other piece of the suspension is new, so I ordered these as well. I'm really starting to hate the term "bolt-on.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts