Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
It shouldn't your axles are in the same location brakes or no brakes. Sorry Dave I should have looked at the link. If the rotors are the same thickness as the drums there should be no problems, if the rotors are thicker I assume it would make the wheelstuds slightly shorter and the tires stick out more. If they were thicker I assume they would be in the 50 to a couple of 100 thousands of an inch thicker but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
906 Posts
dave,the rotor mounting surface moves the wheel mounting area,1/8 each side.there thicker than a stock brake drum,if your running a 15/7 4.5 backspace wheel with a 235 60 15 it will rub ever so much
don

·
Registered
978 Posts
dave,the rotor mounting surface moves the wheel mounting area,1/8 each side.there thicker than a stock brake drum,if your running a 15/7 4.5 backspace wheel with a 235 60 15 it will rub ever so much
don
Don, do you know how much thicker they are? I'm curious.

·
Registered
906 Posts
at least 1/8 inch each side,to run them,they have to be thicker than reg. brake drums to resist warping with the heat,a buddy of mine put that kit on and had the tires rub with the disks on a first gen,wereas the tires didnt rub with the reg. brake drums twice the thickness of the drums.he had to go with a p225 60 15 so they wouldnt rub
don

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just talked to a CPP tech guy ........ He says that it adds 1/8 per side

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
That's weird. I guess they figured that 1/8" wouldn't matter. I was thinking the same thing; the axles are in the same location, so why would that change. Interesting.

Is that a factory type brake swap, or different design? I have factory type rear disks and never notice the length difference.

·
Registered
906 Posts
on first gens its a big deal that 1/8 inch:yes:limited on rear tires as it is.first genners could use a 4 7/8 backspace wheel but you are limited on wheel selection.this rear brake setup is a 12 inch rotor and the front zero offset kit is 10.8 rotor:cool:the rotor size to me is backwards they should offer the 12 rotors for the front and the 10.5 rotor for the back:yes: considering the brake bias for the front doesnt make sence to have a bigger rotor on the back than the front:yes:
don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts