Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have feedback on the new 400 power steering gearbox by CPP for the 67 Nova's?

This is the ebay item listed as new steering gear box 67 Nova by CPP.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380521511791

This is our NEW CPP 400 Series Power Steering Gear Box that everyone has been waiting for..

Fits 1962-1967 Chevy Nova's

The compact 400 Series™ power steering box utilizes late model steering technology for your Nova. The gear box is a direct replacement for the original manual steering box.The 400 series helps keep the perfect alignment with the OE or aftermarket columns. The compact design is closely modeled after the original manual steering box. With its 13.6:1 ratio (2.75 turns lock to lock) it has the performance handling of many rack and pinion conversions without the need for extensive modifications. It has a ¾”-30 input shaft, uses inverted flare hoses (11/16”-18 pressure fitting & 5/8”-18 return fitting) & factory manual steering pitman arm. The perfect solution for your bolt on performance power steering need!

Please view other pictures. We have it installed on one of our displays.

Part # CP50005NV

·
Registered
101 Posts
power steering

I did use a p/s box but the one from Borgeson, it's been out for a while and it works great. slight header issue but nothing that couldn't be corrected. Ill try to attach a pic. Can purchase direct or Chevy2 only.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They tell me the Borgeson will not work on the 67. It sure looks the same. Is your a 66 or 7?

·
Registered
101 Posts
:2cents:Sorry mine is a 63. checked web site and it does say 62-66 but also says for use with original steering column only and thats bull cause I used a tillt one. if you read the earlier post for the cpp box it also says 62-67 so I'm pretty sure you can use either one on any year with some mods. I was changing column anyhow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
curious as well

as Im in the same boat as the OP...definitely getting an aftermarket clip BBC in future plans, but in the meantime id like to SAFELY enjoy my 67 with a blown 383....Ive adjusted the original box and the slop is still sucky, plus the junk is starting to leak now as well... I like CBRs and CPPs stuff but I dont want to half arse it wasting cash for a couple summers of driving when eventually Im going to to an aftermarket clip. So I too would like to hear some reviews from anyone whose ran these units on a 67 :yes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
as Im in the same boat as the OP...definitely getting an aftermarket clip BBC in future plans, but in the meantime id like to SAFELY enjoy my 67
whoops had 3 different threads pulled up in different windows but the jist is the same...

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The 67 Nova has a two(2) piece steering shaft. The 62-66 Nova has a one(1) piece steering shaft. This means buying a 67 steering shaft to use with the box or doing some MOD's to you one piece setup.

Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts