Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - Need some info to complete my front end replacement and get my '62 on the road. I have the CPP Mustang 2 IFS subframe setup. I called CPP tech support and couldn't get a good response to my questions. Figured I'd let the real experts (you all, :)) have a stab at it.

I'm running the following:

- CPP Mustang II IFS Subframe
- SBC 400
- Radiator with lower house outlet on lower passenger side

Does any know which lower hose (Part no) will work with the 45 degree angle of the CPP frame to the water pump. (See pic). My prev hose won't work due to the bend in the frame rail.

Is there a measurement (or best practice) to adjust (lengthen/shorten) the down members that connect from the top of the firewall to the front of the frame. CPP said look at the car and make sure it's square and adjust accordingly. Seems too simplistic. Any other advise from experience?

TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
My understanding on the adjustment is when the fenders are installed square up the door to fender gaps with the adjustment.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The adjustments should be made to square the suspension to the car. Need to take measurements off the car and subframe. I use a digital protractor and plumb bobs. Using the adjustment to fit fenders, without making sure the suspension is square is a mistake.

Walt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts