Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Has any one used or know any thing about the CPP minikits?I'm thinking about one for a 67 project.
David R.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
They make a day and night difference in how early Nova's drive.The best single improvement you can do to the front end.But you are slightly limited in caster adjustment and they have had problems with the cams breaking.If you are considering other upgrades to the front in the future I would recomend Churchboys Racing lower arm kit and then later you could add rack and pinion steering.I have had both on my car and the CBR stuff is top notch with the best customer service I have ever delt with.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Hi guys
Has any one used or know any thing about the CPP minikits?I'm thinking about one for a 67 project.
David R.
almost every person on this board has installed one..do a search....best money you will ever spend.you only need the lowers...the uppers are just for looks.Installs in about 2 hours...piece of cake.bm

·
Registered
89 Posts
I installed one but if I were to do it again, I'd definitely go with the Church Boys systems. Better built and better value for the dollar. I talked to Chuck at the GG Columbus show and he went over the details of his kit with me. I'm kicking myself in the *** now for not doing more research in advance.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Now that Chuck has his lower arms out, they are definately top flight pieces, and I would highly recommend them. Especially, if you are looking at doing a rack & pinion conversion down the road. Prior to the end of 2008 CPP was the only tubular arms available. We've had several people looking to do the upgrade to Chuck's arms, and the R&P conversion. Like everything else, things progress.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Glad I read this thread. From what I heard, CPP was the only unit out there really that was any good and bolted right up with NO problems. Then I heard a few bad things and now I hear that CB's product is much better. Glad I didn't buy the CPP kit yet! How much is the mini sub kit with lower arms from Church Boys without the rack and pinion?

·
Registered
544 Posts
No I did not do that yet. I do not have the money right now for it anyways and probably wont until winter time. If anyone finds out on it, please let me know so I know what to expect and know how much to save up for it. I plan to get the car stripped, painted and put back together and on the road to work out the mechanical issues and bugs and THEN I will do the lower control arm conversion with the rack and pinion steering. :D
Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys,

anyone have any idea the price of the CB lower arm kit? Also what is the benifit of the rack & pinion kit and what is the cost involved.

I am new to novas and looking to do some major upgrades to the front of my 67

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
when you start pricing out everything, uppers, lowers, rack and pinion, Disc brake kit, drop spindals. all together it is almost the same price as a basic TCI mustang II front clip:yes: The TCI kit is $2482.00

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
when you start pricing out everything, uppers, lowers, rack and pinion, Disc brake kit, drop spindals. all together it is almost the same price as a basic TCI mustang II front clip:yes: The TCI kit is $2482.00
There's still a significant savings with the CPP kit, if you re-use some of your existing stuff. I posted this reply on an earlier thread:

1. If you indeed want a pro touring car with 17s or 18s, with bags, the TCI clip has advantages that are hard to ignore. The rails pinch inboard slightly, allowing for a wider front tire, as well as center the wheel better in the opening. Plus, Shockwaves mount easily. Stance and tire/wheel selection definitely lean towards this clip.
  2. Difference in money I can personally attest to, since I've built a Heidt's-equipped '63 and am currently building a CPP/CBR-equipped '63 wagon. If you do all the work yourself, reuse the stock column, and use the same-for-same formula for components (drop spindles, disc brakes on both options), you'll save $800 to $1000 on the CPP/CBR stuff.

I chose the CPP/CBR route this time for the money savings. However, the added engine compartment space and flexibility in tire selection really are bonuses the stock clip can't easily offer.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
$539 for the churchboys lower arms. I think I am going to go with the churchboys stuff. Looks like a better design and better quality with more adjust ability.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
$539 for the churchboys lower arms. I think I am going to go with the churchboys stuff. Looks like a better design and better quality with more adjust ability.
You definitely won't be disappointed:no: the quality and customer service is well worth the extra ****:yes::yes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just placed my order for the CBR lower arm setup. Chuck was great to deal with and I am sure it will be quality stuff! Later on when funds allow I will be doing a R&P kit.

So here is the list of stuff I've got going on this thing.

For the front

Power Front disc brake kit from Matts Classic bowties
Addco 1" front sway bar kit
CBR lower arm kit
New spring perches
Poly upper arm bushings & Moog Ball joints
Shocks (still up in the air on which)

Wheels, rallys all around 15x7's (maybe 15x8's in the rear if i can fit) with 205/60/15 up front and 235/60/15 rear. BFG radial TA's

My goal is to have a nice driving, good handling (no canyon racer) street car. I think this should get me there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts