Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as mentioned elsewhere I had rebuilt a 250, dual webbers, dual headers, bought cpp mini subframe and flaming river R&P for the 63 coupe, I drove it about 500 miles, now its on the rotisserie, almost done
I added sub frame connectors, got 9" and TKX, decided to go 5.3 and CBR front clip
L33 sitting on garage floor, CBR on order

2 month ago I found a 63 SS perfect for the mini subframe etc
it had tired 194 and tired stock suspension and steering, but already upgraded with muncie and 10 bolt
I put about 400 miles on the SS since purchase

I should have the SS running again this weekend which would mean...
In 3 weeks it went
from: tired 194, stock worn suspension, steering and 4 wheel drums, 65+ mph and front end got pretty floaty and braking was a gentle suggestion
to: rebuild 250, CPP mini sub frame, 1" sway bar, coil overs, rack and pinion, front discs and new alum rad

It will be very interesting how different the power and handling will be, I'm expecting a pretty different car
I'll update once running
all I have left is few feet of exhaust, muffle and brakes

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Aircraft Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I wanted to get it back on the road with some driving time left, then its into storage for winter and back to the rotisserie car

plus I already did most of this just a couple years ago so pretty much knew what I needed to do, only thing I had not done yet is install the coil overs and they were simple

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Discs kit is from CPP, its their kit that does not push wheels out and meant to go on 5 lug drum spindles
This CPP kit uses S10 calipers and pads

Also have new 5 lug (drum) spindles and steering arms

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
14" but they barely fit, is close enough they will be hit and miss from one wheel to another
but 15" should be no issue

I'll probably change some time in the future, I just want to get on road then switch money pit to the other car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts