Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have any opinion on the CPP Lower control arm conversion kit for 1967 Nova..Good/ Bad???

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have it on my 64. It’s a good, solid, simple setup which stabilizes the lower control arm and strut rod assembly by making it a proper single A arm that operates on the same pivoting radius rather then the two conflicting pivots of the factory setup.. It’s been on my car for a little over 2 years. Easy to install and adjust..

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Nova SS
3,626 Posts
I have it on my car and very happy with it, but if I had to do it again I would go with Church boys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LS CHEVY II... Are you using the CPP upper arms too ?I was planning on still using the original upper arms.

·
6,448 Posts
You can run the lowers only. There's not too much benefit to the CPP upper control arms aside from looks. The CBR upper control arms do have a benefit with more adjustment and more caster available bring the wheel back from the leading edge than from the stock setup. Quality wise CBR hands down. Watch the hardware on the CPP. Tend not to be high quality along with the ball joints. I ran the CPP on my last wagon for lower control arms and put a lot of miles on it. Never a problem and a great improvement over the stock setup. Not sure which is the better bang for the buck...lower control arms or disc brakes. Both make a Nova a more modern, safer car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
LS CHEVY II... Are you using the CPP upper arms too ?I was planning on still using the original upper arms.
Sure am, they are on it to match and give a stronger, more modern and completed look. I am about to go with a big 4 wheel manual disk and add on some 17 torque thrust IIs.

I cant remember what the kit is named, but its the bigger version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts