Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody tell me what is included in a cpp kit, were can I get it and what purpose does it serv???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking for tubular lower control arms for my 67 2d and I heard something about a control arm bracket from frnt frame to control arm???

·
Registered
89 Posts
I installed the mini-kit this winter. The best place to buy it IMO is from Walt at Classic Nova (http://www.classicnova.com/pilot.asp?pg=default). Walt takes the time to explain the installation. ...........which was relatively easy.
I mini-kit comes with tubular uppers and lowers and the frame plate.
I installed it on my 63.
The difference in handling Vs. stock is remarkable. Not more wandering down the road. It does however, offer a firm ride. But, that could be due to the lower profile tires I'm running.
If you have any other questions, let me know. I'm kind of a Nova newbie but can help where I can.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Since you asked, The CPP Mini-kit is a replacement Control arm kit for the 1st and 2nd gen Novas. The biggest benefit to this kit is when you replace the lower control arm. The early Nova lower control arm isn't necessarily a bad design (alot of manufacturers used the same basic design for years!) but it uses a single pivot point and is triangulated off the frame by use of a strut rod which runs forward to a point near the radiator. The CPP lower kit removes the factory lower control arm and strut and replaces them with a true "A" arm lower control arm. The new control arm gives you two attachment points and seems to do a much better job of supporting the front suspension. The CPP arms do a better job of maintaining suspension geometry by not letting the control arm move back and forth (the old strut was mounted in two large rubber bushings and they flexed a fair amount). You can get a complete kit from CPP which includes the upper arms, as well. These uppers replace the factory uppers which are actually pretty beefy from GM, so there's not alot to be gained (in my opinion) by switching them out.

I installed the CPP mini kit (lowers only) on my '63 three years ago and don't regret it for a minute. I saw no reason to switch the uppers as there was no real advantage for spending the extra bucks. Since the installation, I've had no issue holding alignment and I've won my class in autocross. It's the best money I've spent on my Nova, by FAR!

I hope this helped a bit.

Chuck

·
4,558 Posts
Summit Racing was carrying them a while back so I got mine there since shipping was only $10.00 and no tax for me:D.

Miles

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
ebay

im not generally a big fan of ebay...
but i bought my cpp tubular a arms and disc conversion kit from them.
the upper and lower tubular arms with del a loom type bushings were ~$775 shipped. i saved quite a bit buying both off ebay.
its cpp's email address so youre not dealing with a middle man
and youre getting free shipping!

my .02

steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts