Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any trouble with the Eccentric cams for the Mini Kit?One of the flat spots where bolt goes through rounded out.Other than that i am well pleased with the fit and finish of kit.They are going to send me a new cam,but after calling i looked at one of the old cams from existing setup and they look the same.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Make sure you have the standard washer behind the cam washer (as per the instructions) to reduce the rotational drag on the cam. I even went as far as welding the cam washer to the bolt.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Go buy a set of Moog ones,much better part like original.$40 for 4 cam bolts at you local auto parts store.I just went through this with mine the original black multi piece ones that came with the kit are crapp.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Go buy a set of Moog ones,much better part like original.$40 for 4 cam bolts at you local auto parts store.I just went through this with mine the original black multi piece ones that came with the kit are crapp.
Got a part number? I've been reading complaints about eccentric bolts for a long time, and it would be nice to have a definite way to get better ones. Are they listed for early Nova?

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
For the best quality in eccentrics go to your Car Quest Parts store and purchase #k8243a do not accept a cross over number. Only get the actual Moog part. These are the same bolts that are used in my CBR lower tubular control arms. They are exact GM replacements not imitations.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure you have the standard washer behind the cam washer (as per the instructions) to reduce the rotational drag on the cam. I even went as far as welding the cam washer to the bolt.
I did have the washer in the proper place.I asked the sales person at CPP tacking the cam to the bolt and he did not recommend it.I looked at my bolt and cams from the factory lower- Arms and they are welded.

·
Premium Member
20,539 Posts
scott,
Do you ever come to any of the Norcal meets,donut runs,BBq's?I dont think we know you?Quite a few guys live in san ho....Dave Riddle(1badnov)Do you know him?You should come out and join us sometime!!!The Mini nats are coming up!!bm

sorry vuss...didn't mean to hijack your thread....I had no problems with my eccentrics or cam bolts.Still in the same spot from day 1.I put a little dab of paint on each part to make sure they didn't move.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told that i was the first to call about having a problem with the Cams rounding out.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have delt with them rounding out and cracking, the washer cracked and when we took the arms apart the washer was in 2 pieces.
I know this is a minor setback and i can correct it.From everything i have read the upgrade is worth it.Before, the car was no fun to drive.

·
Registered
450 Posts
scott,
Do you ever come to any of the Norcal meets,donut runs,BBq's?I dont think we know you?Quite a few guys live in san ho....Dave Riddle(1badnov)Do you know him?You should come out and join us sometime!!!The Mini nats are coming up!!bm

sorry vuss...didn't mean to hijack your thread....I had no problems with my eccentrics or cam bolts.Still in the same spot from day 1.I put a little dab of paint on each part to make sure they didn't move.
I know most of the Nova guys you hang around with, I haven't taken the car out much recently but I need to.

Scott

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
scott,

I know Scott, he is a little strange:devil::devil: but his 66 is second to none!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts