Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
CPP Drop 2" Spindles and BAER Brakes. I call CPP and asked if there 2" drop spindles would work with BAER Brakes. And they said YES bolt right on "NOT". So anyone wanting to do this be ready to do some work to make them work.
To get them to work you have to cut a .50" wide and .385" deep channel across the web of the spindle right above the CPP logo so that the D shape bracket will fit. Kind of a pain. Machine shop do big deal but if you have to do it by hand takes a little time. But when you get that done they will bolt right on. " Just like CPP said" Now all I have to do is find some upper ball joints. One broke coming out.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Please post some pictures,Any issues with the caliper hitting the upper control arm??

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Was that a reinforcing web or just cosmetic? I'd hate to see a part with comprimised strength end up on your car.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please post some pictures,Any issues with the caliper hitting the upper control arm??
No hitting clears fine from lock to lock.

Was that a reinforcing web or just cosmetic? I'd hate to see a part with comprimised strength end up on your car.
It is cosmetic. But it is reinforced when I put the D bracket on. I will post some pic's tomorrow for you all to see.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the shot of the D bracket on after all the cutting.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
That does not look like a big deal to modify.It also looks like it would not take much to make a new bracket to reposition the caliper if needed since it is a flat plate.Any pictures of with the rotors and calipers on?

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I will get you one tomorrow. What I did works fine just made me mad called and asked CPP and got lied to. Making things work is what hot rodding is all about. If I had access to a machine shop it would have been very easy. But with just hand tools took some time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tim do you have the part number or other info on those Baer brakes? I'm waiting on a Wilwood set to come together for those drop spindles and I'm coming up DRY!:confused:
Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just out of curiosity, could you cut the bottom part of the "D" bracket for clearance or would that just compromise the bracket's strength?

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just out of curiosity, could you cut the bottom part of the "D" bracket for clearance or would that just compromise the bracket's strength?
Sorry guys been working on the car. I felt like removing the material from the spindle was the best way to go. Not the easiest but the best. Got a lot more meat on these spindles than the stoke ones. Everything is lining up great and looks good. Got a lot done in the last few day and hope to have her on the road next week. Rework on the oil-pan slowed me down a lot had to take it off four time to get it right.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Up date!!! The BAER will not work. I am going to take the drop spindles off for now and will have to redesign the bracket. The Calibers will have to be moved down about 10deg's to make them work. I will keep everyone posted.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I did try to warn you about that.The Baer bracket looks pretty simple so If you could convince someone at Baer to redesign a bracket from your prototype we would have some more options for GOOD working front brakes for our cars with drop spindles.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did try to warn you about that.The Baer bracket looks pretty simple so If you could convince someone at Baer to redesign a bracket from your prototype we would have some more options for GOOD working front brakes for our cars with drop spindles.
I am going to call Monday. Let's see what they say. Still pissed at CPP!!!! I will see if I can get freed up and make a drawing.

·
0 Posts
I am going to call Monday. Let's see what they say. Still pissed at CPP!!!! I will see if I can get freed up and make a drawing.
I'm still pissed @ CPP too:mad: Who did you talk to over? Was it Andy:rolleyes:?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts