Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we finished the disc brake converstion tonight:beer:

The Classic Performance Products kit #6467cwbk-ss from Chevy 2 Only and their #28052 disc/drum master cylinder fit the RED67 like a glove.:cool:

To my suprise we had very little trouble with the 40 year old bolts and fittings at tare down.

We had to make up the 3/16" line from the mc to the junction block on the left fender well and used a 7818 Weatherhead 3/16" to 1/4" adaptor to connect.
We had to do a little filing on the left caliper for wheel clearence (14" rallies)
and minor grinding on the right side anchor bolt boss to get the caliper mounting bracket to fit just right,,truth is it would have slipped on with a few taps of a metric hammer:D but I loaned mine to my son so I made the adjustment with a grinder:eek:,,,,,,like the instructions recommend.:rolleyes:

After "bench bleeding" the mc & calipers we "back bled" the car with an old style oil can filled with brake fluid and a short piece of 1/4" hose slipped over the bleeders.Still had to "pedal bleed" the brakes one time around.;)

We pulled some strings along the tires to get the alignment "in the ball park' for a test drive.So the only thing left is a trip to the alignment shop.

In all a very smooth job.The folks at CPP have done their homework on this kit,,not OEM, but well thought out using the stock drum spindles.

And as always Chevy 2 Only continues to provide us with parts that actually fit Chevy 2's:chev: ,,,imagine that! Good job C2O.

I know we missed out on all the fun digging around in junk yards:eek: ,,Oh sorry,,,I meant "auto recyclers" (i really do like doing that):D

Best,WP:)

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
well i'm thinkin' yer report is A-OK, but ya fergot the MOST important piece of info....

how many beers does this job take ??? :D :D :D :D

congrats !!!! hope ya enjoy yer "Brake" today ;)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flyer,,thanks for the compliment,and to answer your question;had one:beer: AFTER the job was done.:rolleyes:

Maxturbo,,yes $24.00:( (coulda' used that for more:beer: ) LOL

Super69,,sorry I'm not sharp enough to post them:eek:

To answer some e-mailed questions; in short,,,preassembly is the secrete to any job like this.Make adjustments before final assembly:D
Do you think "Two Guys Garage" does it on the first take?:shh: Their not telling.

Sure miss those trips to the "recycling yards",,back in the '70's it seems like we where in there once a week.

Later,WP

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Metric Hammer

Just received a question about the use of a "metric hammer":confused:

A metric hammer is used for lite blows or just tapping a part into place.It is well suited for this with it's light weight "compressed rice hulls handle" and recycled aluminum head.;)

Unlike an American Hammer with "hardwood handle" and "blue steel hard head":D that's used (Tim Allen style) for "pulverizing a part into oblivion",,awr,,awr,,awr :D :D

Hope this clears this up. LOL

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
How well does your CPP brakes stop the car? I'm currently having mine installed on my big block Chevelle but I just ordered the disc brake assemblies as I already have the master cylinder, brake booster and proportioning valve.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Panic Stops ??

Dawg,,,haven't done any panic stops although I have tested them out:eek:

They'll stop this little car just fine,,,might slid the fronts if needed.

Pedal pressure is about the same as the drum set up,but what you notice most is the straight linier (sp) feel.:D

Good luck on your swap,RED67:chev:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts