Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know what core support they are using in this build below:
Day 4 video around the 3:20 mark shows it pretty well. I looked on their website and nothing.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s good work. I wish I could weld better. I might make one myself, but I don’t have a lot of time with my business and I don’t trust my welding skills. I may look into the stoker support if they still make them. I would have preferred steel though.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
@Chevyman1979
I know the guy that created the aluminum core supports Stoker was selling. He was having them made and Stoker’s was one of the distributors. Last time I ask him about the supports he indicated that he wasn’t going to be doing anymore..

I have contemplated trying to do something like that support but I haven’t really started any making templates yet..

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
What's the reasoning behind the tubular supports? Lighter? I can see it on a drag car, but on the street you want all the air to go through the radiator, not around.
I wanted a cleaner look more in line with the inner fenders that came with the TCI clip. I didn’t know at the time but the aluminum radiator I had was actually meant for a Chevelle and should be mounted to a flat surface which is not the case with a factory ChevyII core support.. I had seen a round tube core support on a Tri-5 and started working on something for my 63. Also, I have filler panels that close off the angular areas outside the uprights. They just aren’t pictured here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts