Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about doing cpp 13" disc brakes up front with 2" drop spindles.I was wondering what everyones opinion was on this and if my car would look to low in the front?Also any alignment issues from using the newly redesigned 2" drop spindles?
Can someone with 2" drop spindles on a second gen post a pic?thanks bm

Will my car look to low in the front?

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hows the rubbing issue? I've been told it will still track straight lowered. And I think a slight rake would look really sweet on your ride. My 2c.
no rubbing issue right now..I'm concerned with the drop that it may rub?Anyone have any info on this?tthanks bm

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I put CPP 2" dropped spindles on and changed all the bushings. Had it aligned after and everything went fine. I think yours would look good lowered. One easy way to see what it would look like is have a fairly heavy person sit on your front fender. Thats what I did to give me a better idea what it would look like before lowering it.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Your car should be lowered IMO. Rubbing will depend on the wheel tire combo, just because someomes car dosent rub with the lowering spindles dosen't mean your in the clear. In the past I have actually put the car on jackstands, removed the coil springs and set the front suspension at the height I wanted, then steered the car and checked for fender issues.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
bruce
i'm running 2 inch dropped spindles on 165/60/r14 front tires.i love the lower centre of gravity,but constantly rubb my exhaust over the slightest speedbump.
think very carefully about this before you do it.looks aren't everything and i definately limited where i can drive my car because of it.

you can see in my photo how low my swaybar and lower control arms are.
ironically,i've never altered the rear springs.this has been the stock (rear) ride height for the car's whole life.
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey tom,
Stock front end?what is your bs on those wheels?thanks bm

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I think your car would look great with 2 inch drop spindles . I would verify your backspace works lowered and agree a good way is to pull springs and lower car a see if all your issues clear . i would also go with the non forge steering arm spindles alot less bump steer.I think your car is great either way!:D:yes::turn::):cool:

·
Premium Member
4,572 Posts
Hey tom,
Stock front end?what is your bs on those wheels?thanks bm
No, CPP kit uppers and lowers, QA1's, Church a-arms, rack, and crossmember, 2" CPP spindles, 13" big brakes. The wheels are 4.5" BS, tires are 215/45/17. It actually turns so far it rubs the sway bar now....:D....gotta install the stops. I have about 4" ground clearance to the headers, Hooker super comps. Ride height is 24.5 from ground to bottom of fenderwell lip.....

I am thinking about dropping the rear about an inch with some blocks, maybe...:D

Put her in the weeds bro, your car will looker sicker than it already does......:yes:

What size tire are you running on the front. I had a 225 on the front before, and it rubbed the fender well slightly.

T,

·
Registered
270 Posts
yes do it! that is the perfect ride height. and WOW I luv that interior!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Here's one in wagon form... 2" cpp drop spindles (older version) with 2" lowering blocks in back

That car looks strangely familiar. Though I believe the spindles are the older version of the Superior brand. The subframe is the CPP one, but I put the spindles on before I could afford the subframe.

On a side note I LOVE the lowered look. With the 17" wheels that black nova will look awesome, but you have to match the rear somewhat or else the rake will be disproportionate. That wagon above has (if I remember right) at least a 1" block, if not 2" to lower it in the back as well.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
As mentioned before drop spindles work great.They can create issues with your calipers hitting the upper arms.I do not know about stock uppers but CPP uppers will not work with Baer,or stock GM type brakes.If you go with CPP large or small brakes be sure to get the drop spindle caliper brackets.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Man I love the way this sits, I have a 65 Longroof and thats exactly what I'm shooting for :thumbsup:

The wheels on that car are 15". If you notice the wheel wells are hanging over the tire, almost over the lip of the rim. Imagine how much 'lower' it will look with simply adding 17" wheels. The lip of the rim will easily go up into the wheel wells front and rear. It will look awesome. But I'm sure lugnut has his own plans. That car is perfect as a DD as it is.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
My SS has 2" CPP spindles up front with 2" blocks in the rear. Front wheels are 17" x 7" with 4" BS and a 215 45 tire.

It rubs a little at full turn, but not bad.

It would wake your car up.

Here are pics of my SS and my old wagon that had the same basic set up.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts