Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
would adding a captive discharge ignition box to the 230 i the 62 make a difference? The mods to the engine include Offy intake 390 Holley Stovebolt split header 2.25" duel exhaust 75 ext. coil HEI dist.Saginaw 4 speed (3 ring 3.5 first gear) and a 7.5" 2.41 gear gear.
Is it worth upgrading the ignition system, or am I asking for trouble?

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you're running an HEI ignition I doubt you'd notice anything. Just tune your advance curve and save your money.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
probably not going to gain much over a HEI like mark said...unless you have a high reving engine (probably where you would see the most improvement)

you will get a rev limiter with most though....

I've just gone through a few after market stock HEI's and getting kinda tired of having problems with them...I know if I put a MSD or similar set up on, it's going to be pretty much bullet proof for how my car is set up...

just today had to replace the HEI module in my dist. and it's only two years old...

Think it's about twice the cost for a msd set up w box, verses a new HEI dist.

Twisted6 might have some better insight on this matter, he's the man for hopped up Sixes....

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
MrHotRod6

Larry aka Twisted is the 6 Guru allright. His porting jobs and Lump inserts headwork is about the best you can get.

Also hailing from Florida is MrHotRod6. Mike does not frequent this website that much, but when he isnt drag racing Sixes, he is building a new super catalog of import and domestic hot rod parts for the 194-230-250-292 inline L6's. Everything you ever wanted to make them go like stink.

I have already purchased a prototype Stinger HEI that will beat the price out of any MSD and perform equally as well.

Mike also has a complete line up of Engine Co. manifolds from Brasilia (Brazil) and has recently gobbled up the rights to remanufacture quite a few performance vintage speed parts for these motors.

Wanna pep up the L6? www.goravenswood.com

Contact Mike , tell him Fredsgarage sent you.:devil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts