Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have a 63 ss hard top and I'm getting ready to do get it stripped and start body work but i was wondering what everyone is doing with the cowl vent to get inside to clean it up the original paint in there looks like crap it is full of runs so i can tell that it was just painted with the skin ontop allready so I was just curious as to what everyone else is doing anyhelp would be great it is going in to be blasted on friday thanks alot.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
There is no easy way to get in there. If you pull the right fender there is a small access hole about an inch or inch and a half in diameter that will allow some access but it is not easy to clean up. That is why so many people just fill in the grill and completely close it off. It is not a simple job to cut the grill work out and then replace it later and as you have already figured out it is not removable like some of the later models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I have been thinking about just smoothing it out all together but didn't really want to but it is starting to look like i might have too. Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
You can sand/bead blast it.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
If you sand blast it you are probably going to mess up the grill area while blasting through it to get the lower areas clean. Another point if you blast it is to get all the sand out the bottom or you are going to get rust from the sand getting wet and sitting in the bottom area and probably water in the right floor area because the drain holes are going to plug up with sand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts