Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
could anyone help me with my cowl tag I think I have most of it figured out but not the color
64 ss
4 speed
v8
black buckets
is that correct?
not sure of the rest like the color thank's View attachment 402632
I think Bob (L79)would know more but I'll give it a try
01B - Jan. 2nd week
64-04 - 64 Chevy ll Nova SS
47- 2 Door Sport Coupe
NW- Norwood Ohio
713- Black Buckets
936- Ermine White (guessing it says 936 on the tag)
W2- Tinted Windshield
L - M20 wide ratio 4 speed
S5- don't know
V- seat belts
Hope this helps. Nothing on the cowl tag for this year tells you its a V8.

·
13,284 Posts
Good job, Daddstoys. The option codes read in groups, usually 1-5, although no number appears for group #1, just a code. In this case it's 'W' for tinted windshield. Next is 2L which is the 4 speed. Also in this group is an 'S' for rear seat speaker, so we know the car had a factory radio. Nothing for groups 3 or 4. 5V is seatbelts. Way over on the right side is an 'E' which is the code for black interior sheet metal color.

Daddstoys is correct that there is nothing on the cowl tag of the '64 Nova SS to indicate a V/8 versus a six cylinder. We know your car was a V/8, because it has a 4 speed coded. Four speeds were V/8 only.

Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bob
I have a 64 also and have 'D' under the 'BODY PAINT'. what does the D mean? the decoder page does not call this out. Is there a list of letters = colors you can post?

·
13,284 Posts
Bob
I have a 64 also and have 'D' under the 'BODY PAINT'. what does the D mean? the decoder page does not call this out. Is there a list of letters = colors you can post?
This is the code for the color of the visible interior sheet metal. My info shows 'D' in 1964 as red. This would match a car with red interior. Match yours?

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts