Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
13,284 Posts
01E - Body build date - January 5th week
66 11837 - 1966 Nova SS V/8, WRN - Willow Run production plant, 4333 Fisher body number
765 - Black bucket seat interior, D-D Mist blue top/bottom
W - Tinted windshield, 2M- Powerglide automatic, 5Y-Deluxe seat belts

Check the VIN to be sure it has 11837 on it and not 11737 (six cylinder). All cowl tags indicated these cars were V/8s
whether they were or not.

Bob

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep. My Chevy ll / Nova SS was born a 117 six. It now has a LT1 350 and 700R4. Thank you Bob...you are a asset to this site!

·
13,284 Posts
So they say, but others say not necessarily. All tinted glass would have a code 'E' on the cowl tag. Do you have factory air? Dealer installed? Factory will have a fan switch vertically on the left side of the heat/cooling panel.

Bob

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
DB's …………………….. started a "six " type car ……………………. but, very Nice Ride , now .

Thanks for posting . . . . . jim

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Bob,

My 67 Nova was born with tinted glass and I have no air. Cowl tag below

780 - Black Interior - bucket seats
L - Tahoe Turquoise 2 - Black Vinyl Roof
E - Tinted Glass / 2L - 4 Spd. / S - Rear Antenna
R - Rear Seat Spkr. / 5Y Deluxe Seat Belts

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Nova is in paint and not here at home. I do have a Vintage Air system in it currently. Trying to enlarge the pic to see if it has that A/C switch.

·
13,284 Posts
My Nova is in paint and not here at home. I do have a Vintage Air system in it currently. Trying to enlarge the pic to see if it has that A/C switch.
Here's a pic of a '67 with the a/c fan control switch on the left side of the panel. Only factory a/c cars had this. Dealer installs had the fan control on the evaporator box.

Bob

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts