Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When trying to be as stock as possible, what is the best way too show your cowl tag, firewall paint, or stripped and cleared ? Small question, Big answer when your going as stock as possible. Ecpecially with a mostly #'matching car......

Just want to throw this out for opinions.

Thanks,

Ross

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Actually they had white paint fogged onto the tag over the black fire-wall from the assembly line , theory is it made the tag ezier to read coming down the assembly line

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now you've made me think a little more.... Hard to do.....at my age.

I like the theory of fog painting for production. Trying to remember the 66 L-79 I bought in 67. I swear I remember a color but not as stand out as white more of a fogged aluminum color similar to the L-79 intake manifold. I got to find some old pics. I know there around unless my X tossed them.

Thanks,
Ross

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I have another example that i will get a better pic of you can see it in this but i will get a better close up in a day or two

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Yeah the white paint is what I have seen on untouched originals but I dont know if I can just shake and spray mine and possibly have my eyes closed while Iam doing it since most of them look like an after thought done by a 10 year old painting his bike for the first time. Man I liked painting my bike back then.:D

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Deuces

I don't know why I'm obsessing about this, I think, and hate to admit it but I am a little tired of people leaning over my fender to ck. the cowl tag. I know all they have to do is ask, but I've started leaving the hood shut. while I look at other cars. It is apparent. by my block stamp it is not an original block and have never tried to pull it off as one. But going over the entire car the only thing not stock is the block. a punched out 283 date coded correct for this car. and roller rockers on the camel back heads. a 3230 Holley Headers and Flowmasters with close to stock tips.

Thanks for the pic. info,
Ross

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the white paint is what I have seen on untouched originals but I dont know if I can just shake and spray mine and possibly have my eyes closed while Iam doing it since most of them look like an after thought done by a 10 year old painting his bike for the first time. Man I liked painting my bike back then.:D
I know how you feel and your answer gave me a laugh. Maybe back in the day the production guy loved his job so much he thought he was back in Kindergarten.

Have a great day,

Ross

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Actually they had white paint fogged onto the tag over the black fire-wall from the assembly line , theory is it made the tag ezier to read coming down the assembly line
If that was true, I'm gonna say not every car got that. The original cars I've owned, none have had that. Some cars might have had it, and some not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts