Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
top passenger side of the firewall. above the heater. If you need measurements, I dont know them off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes, found the cowl tag, thanks. I am looking for some id that indicates exterior trim, trying to find out if my 66 SS should have the lower and middle aluminum/chrome strips. Is there such an id? :turn:

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Oh yes, found the cowl tag, thanks. I am looking for some id that indicates exterior trim, trying to find out if my 66 SS should have the lower and middle aluminum/chrome strips. Is there such an id? :turn:
SS's did'nt have molding down the body line. only the lower trim. If your VIN starts with a 117 or 118, it should only have bottom SS rocker trim. if it's a 115 or 116, then it's not an SS, but a sport coupe, and will have standard rocker molding and the mid belt line molding.

the SS trim was was the rocker, bottom of the door, bottom of the rear quarter panel, and bottom front of the fender. The non-SS rocker molding only covered the rocker panel.

make sense?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. Yes the car is a 117/118 car. At the Temecula Rod Run a person approached and wanted to know if I would like the bottom trim and in good condition. Is there aftermarket lower trim? :):)

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
No aftermarket made. There was some for a short time, but they stopped making them. Not sure how well the fit.

If you're looking for some, and that guy has some reasonable, jump on it. Make sure all 8 pieces are there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts