Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these are being reproduced at a reasonable price. The ones that were in the 1967 z28's in particular. I think that would be quite the slick setup, getting cold air from the cowl area.

·
Registered
391 Posts
dont know,but check out scotts 76 nova on novaresource.com hes got a cowl hood with a sealed set-up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I've never really been a fan of cowl hoods except 70-72 Chevelles. I thought for sure that I ran across a vendor. These air cleaners look stock except they open towards the passeger side angeling back and mounting to the firewall, drawing the high pressure from the cowl. I would think it would be a cleaner alternative to running tube to the front.

·
Registered
569 Posts
not sure on the cowl repro, has to be out there someplace.

I was thinking of running a dual snorkel air cleaner on my 76 with the stock intake from the front fender locations .

note that 75-6 6 cyl and V8 cars have air inlets from differing sides, so both sides fittings are available, just need to add an extra snorkel to an air cleaner base.

anyone seen or done that ?

~ AL ( again, lol ...catchin up here, sorry for being silent, been real busy with new job as an upholsterer ( might translate into helping the car :rolleyes: , plus work on my 76 and now 78 Phoenix driver... will it ever end, lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
note that 75-6 6 cyl and V8 cars have air inlets from differing sides, so both sides fittings are available, just need to add an extra snorkel to an air cleaner base.

anyone seen or done that ?
I was considering doing that with my next 76 project. I'm actually thinking about eliminating the side marker lights and running hoses from them direct to the fender inlets on both sides for the 250 I'm going to install, instead of using cowl induction or something similar. It's a thought but I'll have to see when I get to that point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts