Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since i just wrecked my car and i'm going to need a hood which do you guys think i should go with? I had a 2 1/2 inch steel cowl hood, but i'm not sure if i should get another one or if i should get a stinger hood...or if i get enough money both:devil:

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
I have a cowl hood....well two of them, but I love the stinger. If Lance wasn't so cheap, I'd swap him a cowl for one of his stingers. :eek::yes::devil:

·
Registered
458 Posts
thats a tuff decision! i have a 2 1/2 cowl on my nova, but still think the stinger hoods look awesome!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably just get another 2 1/2" cowl hood so that i can save some money to put towards...other parts that need to be replaced from the damage

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Ur making a good choice i think. Im not a big fan of the Stinger hoods on Nova's.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If you want to be like everyone else get the cowl, I have an L-88 on mine so Id go for the stinger it looks cool with the body lines and will get your car noticed more.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
My vote is for the Cowl hood. I think it lends to the body lines of your Nova. Just one man's opinion.

Jim Smith

·
Registered
259 Posts
I personally would have one of each painted to match and swap between each whenever I choose. I have a stinger and the stock hood for my car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
wow what timing my daughter came home from school and said she saw a nova with a stinger hood. now she wants one. would like to see some pics too before i do it

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Are the stinger hoods made in steel or just fiberglass? If they are only in fiberglass,, then I would get the steel cowel hood... It takes alot more work to get fiberglass hoods to look good and fit. Just my opinion........

·
Registered
768 Posts
IMHO, it boils down to the period that you are trying to convey. If your going "current", "I want what everybody else has", then go with the cowl. If you going old school and unique, go with the stinger. :eek:

ND

·
Registered
84 Posts
If my 68 had a big block I would have gone with the Stinger, I might still go that way.
I got a steel 2 1/2 cowl but the back of the hood for about 3 inches on both sides of the cowl does not have the right curve and dips under the cowl panel lines. So if your buying one just because it might need less work......
Just get what you like.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts