Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my American Autowire harness yesterday, and it looks great and am looking forward to installing it.
My question is what to do to cover the harness after it is installed?

Should I wrap it with the black vinyl tape like original harness or use something else?

I believe there is a tape that is made to shrink with heat just like shrink tubing, maybe that would work.

I will not use the split convoluted plastic loom covering as I hate the looks of it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just placed an order with wire care for 50' of braided sleeving for my AAW kit. I also got black nylon cable clamps in 2 different sizes, shrink wrap, and cable ties. All for about $50 shipped. I didn't like the look of the convoluted tubing either.

http://www.wirecare.com/

I'm planning on putting heat shrink at the ends for a nice clean look.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
covering the wires

Hi, the sound of the braded cover with heated shrink on the ends is the way to go. do it right the first time,it will last your life time . skinnydude

·
Registered
145 Posts
Glad you like the harness. I carry both split and non split. I prefer the nylon split as it is easier to work with. And as another poster said you can seal the ends with shrink wrap. If able to I like to use the solid type but it is more work to get the wire in it. Looks very cool too

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think you should use the type of covering that you want which is why, for me, I always use split loom convoluted tubing because of the ease of modifying the harness in the future. If the harness is wrapped in electrical tape hao do you add or repair a wire at a later date.
Like I said, do what ya wanna do, baby!
One thing is for sure, those AAW harnesses are terrific:yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts