Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking into buying one of these for my 70. Do I need to buy the wiring harness or can I just connect the gauges to the existing wires? Does it matter that it had a factory warning lights from the factory and not gauges?? I have seen where others have said to buy the gauges seperate to save $$$. Also should I buy the LED indicators or not? Just kind od getting confused on what would be the best route to go. Thanks for any help.

70nova

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I think what you need to do is figure out what gauges you want first. You can find gauges that cost less than the Autometer gauges that Covan sells. Find some with the correct size to fit in the Covan instrument panel(2 each 3-3/8" and 4 each 2-1/16"). After you know what guages you're going to use you can figure out if you need different senders for the gauges(electrical/mechanical). As far as the LED indicator lights, you have to decide whether you want to be able to see when the turn signals are working or when you have the high beams on. Personally I like to see them. I probably will be going with the Covan instrument panel too but not right away.
BP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts