Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought you'd like to see a few new listings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-76-CHEVROLET-CHEVY-NOVA-SS-OPTIONS-128K-ORIG-CALIF_W0QQitemZ190002431300QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6172QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Decent looking SS but a repaint. Looks like the lower SS paint is close to stock. Has the window sticker and the build sheet. Calif car, too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1Y27U7W207351_W0QQitemZ120002131025QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6172QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not crazy about the Landau roof or the front trim, but otherwise a nice car with low miles.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wow, that SS is the most I've ever seen one sell for. Only one problem that I see, the fender decals should be up higher. Either way, someone should be a happy driver with that one.

Almost bought one last year fully restored for $4800 out of TN. Contacted the guy the day before it listed it on ebay and was willing to end it, but couldn't come up with the money. It ended up selling for $4700.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That SS car looks nice, but it's a column shift, no frills model - very surprised at the price, even documented.
Just shows that we are / were visionaries :)

these WILL come around, and be hot - I mean, 5 years abck noone would have thought we'd ever see repro parts for 73-4 models ( which my brother is fanatical about , he has 3 - when we did his parts were tough to find, but 75-9 parts were hit and miss - now 75-9 stuff had all but dried up :-(
but I - along with others, if you;re reading this - have been into the late body style for 20 years, someone has to love em :)

As for the Landau car - somehting on that just doesn;t do it for me either, and I * LIKE * landaus (unlike many ), in fact one of my dream cars would be a triple black landau like a guy local used to have, very sharp car.
might bid on that one though, if the price is ok, still less than I just paid for my Pontiac Phoenix on Ebay a few weeks ago .
( and am working round the clock on to get 'driving' .. so much for the 76 getting owrked on, lol )

~ AL

·
Registered
998 Posts
Green Dragon said:
but I - along with others, if you;re reading this - have been into the late body style for 20 years, someone has to love em :)
~ AL
Yes, someone has to love!!! I think everyone here does that's for sure. My Dad had a car almost exactly like mine when I was growing up. It was a black SS, but his was a 4spd car and had an LT-1 that a previous owner dropped in. It was fast, and I remember driving around with him when I was about 13 or so. I begged him not to sell it because I wanted it be my first car, but he never did own a car for more than a year while I was growing up.

The whole reason I bought my car was because of my Dad. He passed on, but this car reminds me of him! :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Zoom said:
The whole reason I bought my car was because of my Dad. He passed on, but this car reminds me of him! :)
That's cool - sorry to hear about your dad, but great the car's sort of a rolling monument to him.

I'd be devestated to loose my dad - we have years and years of messing with muclecars and stuff - most of those my Nova's ( and a few of his Chevelles, plus a certain 77 shortbed stepside he bought new ).

Always makes me emotional when you see stuff like people finished so-n-so's car after he's gone as a memorial,or took it to one last show where it won the gold,etc... I hope people will do that for me - fix up one last 'ugly late-model' ( black on black landau please ) after I'm gone ....

~ AL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts