Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did some searches for this and it looks like you can use coupe leafsprings on a wagon.is there any negative effect in doing this?
i broke one of my wagon springs and no one sells new wagon springs.if the coupe ones work with no issues i will just use them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
jonnyc,

The coupe spring will fit, but the wagon will sag. Measure the thickness of the coupe spring and compare it to your wagon spring, big difference. I do have an extra set of wagon springs and I'm right over the hill in Reno. Please email me at [email protected] if interested.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
I wanted something a little stiffer in the back of my wagon.
I bought new rear multi leaf springs from ESPO Springs & Things.
I like a little rake so he added one leaf for a total of 5 versus what he usually sells. He had the pads, U-bolts, shakles, shoulder bolts, everything you need.
I may at some point install some lowering blocks or at least some wedges that will take the edge off the height a little bit. do a search on the above and you will find the web site.

I think there is alsoo a place in Michigan called EATON Spring or something like that who can make custom springs for a reasonable price. They advertise int he badck of some of the mags if I remember correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts